Sunday, October 2, 2011

Some Bloggers Are Hard to Follow

OK, most people who blog, also read a lot of blogs. And it can be really hard to keep up with all of those blogs. Everybody has a favorite method of doing so. I feel that subscribing by email is sort of old-peopleish, but some folks really love it and won't have it any other way. So why, WHY, would any blogger only offer one method of following when there are so many different methods available? Most are relatively easy to implement on your blog, too (at least, I have had NO trouble implementing the desired tools on Blogger or on my self-hosted Wordpress blog). Here on my Blogger blog, I had gadgets set up within about 5 minutes that let people follow via email, RSS, NetworkedBlogs, or Google FriendConnect. On my self-hosted Wordpress, I found a number of plugins, or was able to copy and paste code into text widgets, for people to follow me via Facebook, Twitter, RSS, email, and NetworkedBlogs. It's so easy, and by neglecting the available options, a blogger effectively limits their loyal readership. Even if your readership is pretty steady, why would you not want more?

No comments:

Post a Comment